ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is important for Papua New Guinea to develop for several reasons:
- International Trade: Papua New Guinea is a member of the global community and relies heavily on international trade to support its economy. ISO standards ensure that products and services from Papua New Guinea meet global standards, which is necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Improved Quality: ISO standards are designed to improve the quality of products and services, which is important for Papua New Guinea to develop. By implementing ISO standards, Papua New Guinea can ensure that its products and services are of high quality and meet customer expectations, which can increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Increased Efficiency: ISO standards can help Papua New Guinea improve its efficiency by streamlining processes and reducing waste. This can lead to cost savings and improved productivity, which is important for a developing economy.
- Access to Funding: Some international funding agencies require ISO certification as a prerequisite for funding. By developing ISO standards, Papua New Guinea can access funding from these agencies to support its development goals.
- Global Recognition: ISO standards are recognized worldwide and provide a common language for businesses to communicate. By implementing ISO standards, Papua New Guinea can demonstrate its commitment to quality, efficiency, and international best practices, which can enhance its global reputation and attract investment.